Cape Town’s Culinary Map to be Redrawn
Attention, food lovers! Your gastronomic compass will soon be pointing straight to the V&A Waterfront. Time Out Market Cape Town has unveiled its launch date, promising an even richer ensemble of culinary maestros than initially expected.
From the Cape’s Best to Global Delights – A Culinary Carnival Awaits
This November, set amidst the bustling backdrop of the V&A Waterfront, Time Out Market Cape Town promises a symphony of aromas, tastes, and experiences. With 13 iconic chefs and restaurateurs, three buzzing bars, and a stage set to host an array of events, it’s the culinary oasis the city has been yearning for.
Meet the Culinary Stars of Time Out Market
Among the pantheon of culinary virtuosos, Sushiya shines brilliantly. The collaborative masterpiece of Chef Peter Tempelhoff and Michelin-decorated Chef Shin Takagi, it promises sushi that is a masterful fusion of tradition and innovation.
Chef Hitesh Panchal’s Kapoochka is set to add a dash of Indian magic. From the timeless pani puri to delectable dessert puris, it’s Indian street food with an edgy twist.
And the flavor parade doesn’t stop there:
- De Vrije Burger: Crafted by the ingenious Chef Bertus Basson.
- MLILO: A delight from the kitchen of Chef Vusi Ndlovu.
- The Melting Pot Seafood: Seafood savant Chef John Van Zyl’s realm.
- Unframed Ice Cream: Yann Rey’s icy treats.
- How Bao Now: Chefs Matt Van Den Berg and Carla Schulze’s ode to bao buns.
- Ramenhead: Another feather in Chef Peter Tempelhoff’s cap.
- Barakat: Chefs Anwar Abdullatief and Yolani Abrahams’ Middle Eastern marvel.
- YARD: Chef Eugene Smith’s backyard of flavors.
- Culture Wine Bar: Wine and dine, perfected by Chef Manning.
Mark Your Calendars
The grand culinary carnival will begin at 11:00 AM sharp on November 17th, 2023. Remember to set your clocks and appetites right, with the market operating from 11:00-22:00 from Sunday to Wednesday, and extending the feast until 23:30 from Thursday to Saturday. Join the city in this epicurean extravaganza and let your taste buds go wild.